14.4.07

Catchy Kitsch

How do you like my little vintage domestic diva? It's one of those treasures you find at the Austin "keep-it-weird" City-Wide Garage Sale.

Somehow, I am compelled to find alternative uses for household items (especially if the object announces its function on the front, 1966 Dava ceramic above) - like the recycled plant pot with a great platinum-gold patina for Yasmine's pencils...
I never think of blooms when I find a pretty pot - being the one with the brown thumbs in this house - so I use them for brushes, pencils, kitchen utensils, combs and hairbrushes...

2 comments:

curryegg said...

I love arts too. I like to meet creative people like you. Nice to meet you.

Rima said...

Thanks, curryegg! love the new skin on your new site too - kind of small font though... great design