22.4.07

Moi, Plein-Air?

Yesterday was the very first day of spring here. Late according to my calendar, but the temperature finally hit above 20˚C and hubby insisted on dragging the lot of us to a nearby nature preserve. Not that we minded really, the girls were ready for an outdoorsy kind of day, especially with the prospect of bird-watching, snake ferreting (ha! like that was ever going to happen with me around) and most importantly - plein-air painting, hubby's obsess... favourite pastime.



So here we were at the end of the afternoon, baking in the blinding light at the park, when I found myself with no option but to join everyone else in, gasp... painting outdoors. Unlike the rest of my brood, furiously engaged in this captivating activity, I found nothing inspiring in the still-denuded, dusty brown landscape around us - until my heart melted at the site of these two lovely creatures totally engrossed in creating their masterpieces.

Of course, I only had about 45 seconds for each sketch before I had to answer calls for "more water, please, can I have some juice? where's my sandwich, mommy? when do we go to the other park? I'm done, I'm hot, oww there's a buuuugggg on my paaaapeeerrr"...

3 comments:

Debi said...

This post put quite a smile on my face this morning. Joyful works made by all!

Artists With Artitude said...

Are you selling the first drawing? I want to be the first one to bid on it!

Anonymous said...

I love ur abstract one down below. Kepp on the good work. You feel more FREE then the rest of us artist.