25.9.07

Time Well Wasted


I made this handsome demotivational poster at www.despair.com
(bird pic from wetcanvas.com)
You can create your own too, just follow the links!

Andi had a post about this hilarious website, a geeky and witty take on the ubiquitous, mediocre, and gag-inducing motivational industry posters and cards.

Since I am at the bottom of my creative cycle (meaning my mind is an abysmal blank), I think it's only fair to share these fun sites with you. After all, it's right there in my header, the bit about "fun finds" - so why should I be the only one here spending endless hou.., uh, minutes playing online?
So, in no particular order of preference (all games are free if you play online):
  • MSN Games has a new version of Scrabble here
  • Speaking of Scrabble, a legitimate cheating tool is available on the official website here
  • My all-time favourite time-waster is Alchemy (here)
  • Of course, it would be unforgivable not to mention the grande dame of all dilatory games: Bejeweled2, equally favoured by 7 and 47-year olds (or 48) in this household
  • Finally, since this is supposed to be mostly an arts-oriented blog, and since the original Miltos Manetas create-your-own-Pollock page doesn't seem to be functioning, here's another smaller scale one created by an artsy blogger here

Have fun, folks - and if you have any suggestions for wasting even more valuable minutes with silliness online, by all means, don't be selfish, share with the rest of us procrastinators.

10 comments:

dianeclancy said...

Hi Rima,

Great references ... when I can, I will check them out.

Sudoku is my passion!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Rima said...

Sudoku is way too smart for me!

lebanesa said...

No it isn't Rima, I can do it, I LOVE Sudoku and you are much much much cleverer than me (isn't that what you said?)so of course you can do it.... LOL ;-)
and it wastes loads of time. I do the Daily Sudoku I like Kakuro too, but haven't found any difficult ones online. tee hee. Loved the poster thing by the way.

Rima said...

Great pic, Frances! and what I said was: I'm an idiot, can't do it. And Kakuro? fuggedaboutit, no way, no how, can't do it. Nope. Mindless stuff only. The more mindless the better. I'm trying to kill off as many brain cells as I can, not create new ones.

Bobbie said...

Rima, Rima what am I going to do with you? You are B.A.D., very B.A.D.! Go outside and get some fresh air!

Irene said...

Ha ha ha, demotivational poster indeed, I think that could be quite motivational. I like your wicked sense of humor! It's so nice and Monty Pythonesque.

Bev said...

This made me laugh because I genuinely thought you had created another picture but got a surprise when I read the caption. Nice one.

Julia said...

Hi Rima,
Great poster.It made me laugh.
Thanks for visiting my blog and linking to the Jackson Pollock creator.I wish I could take credit for creating it...but I found it at http://www.widgetbox.com
There's lots of other fun things you can add to your blog there too.
All the best,
Julia

Artists With Artitude said...

I had so much fun creating posters than I couldn't sleep...creating in my dreams. Too much fun.

So that's why you are winning at scrabble on line hum.....

Anonymous said...

A good laugh is never a waste of time!! Love your poster!